Hello everyone, The response to my latest three-part series, “The Right to die…To Live…and To Choose” has been gratifying. Apparently, there are a lot of concerned people out there, both in Canada and the UK. I’m printing Diana’s letter as a post because I believe the information in it is important. It is written as [...]
I’ve written two articles now about the right to die and the right to live. The experiences I had taking care of my mother are what inspired me. I’ve also touched on the controversy surrounding the Liverpool Care Pathway. It’s a care-withdrawal protocol used with terminally ill patients in the UK. At the moment, Canada’s [...]
As I write this, a very important decision is being made by the Supreme Court of Canada. The court is deciding if doctors should have the right to withdraw care in cases where patients are unlikely to recover. The Right to Die Movement is one that is quite active in Canada, particularly in British Columbia. [...]
In Part 1 of this series, I wrote about the connection between shame and narcissism. In Part 2, I looked at narcissists’ belief they are special and unique. In this final section, I will be looking at their belief that they are better than others: the “others” in this case being you and I, the [...]
<iframe src=”//www.googletagmanager.com/ns.html?id=GTM-N8PK”<br /> height=”0″ width=”0″ style=”display:none;visibility:hidden”></iframe> I’ve touched on the issue of shame twice now in recent articles. It’s because I believe it is a powerful tool for both good and evil. When I refer to shame as a tool I mean that the evocation of it, whether self-generated or externally prompted, often triggers one [...]
Find what you’re looking for:
Subscribe / Connect
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Political Activism and the Hero Complex
- Art Review: Donato Damiano at Gallerie Luz
- TED, Amanda Todd, and the Politics of Division
- Response from Diana Ford, daughter of Gustav Spindler
- The Right to Choose: Life or Death?
- The Right to Live
- The Right to Die
- The Immigrant Way of Recycling
- The Internet Part 4: Land of Intellectual Infomercials?
- The Internet Part 3: Hansel and Gretel
- The Internet Part 2: Disappearing Bad Reviews
- The Internet Part 1: People Lie? No Way!
- The Perils of Perfectionism Part 3: Sonnet 116, Sonnet 30
- The Perils of Perfectionism Part 2: Arnold Schwarzenegger
- The Perils of Perfectionism Part 1: Mount Everest
- Shakespeare on Addiction: Sonnet 129
- Five Deathbed Wishes or Why I Care About Squirrels
- Capturing the Heart of Mr. Right, Part 2
- Capturing the Heart of Mr. Right, Part 1
- At the Olympics: Thank you London!